Eclipse DataEggs Termination
Termination review record: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.dataeggs/reviews/termination-review
The Project Lead of the Eclipse DataEggs project is requesting to terminate the Eclipse DataEggs [1, 3] project.
Here is some context information:
- DataEggs relies on a tool (Alambic ) that will not be maintained anymore.
- DataEggs relies on an external service (the server running Alambic) that has been decommissioned. Setting it up on another node proved to be.. very difficult.
- The PL does not have the time to update the whole toolchain, and there is no other party interested in doing so either.
- Although people initially seemed to see value in DataEggs, the project has not been widely used -- to his knowledge at least.
-  https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.dataeggs
-  https://alambic.io
-  https://www.eclipse.org/dataeggs/
What we need to do:
Inform the Eclipse DataEggs community through the public ML
Archive the project (PMI and DB)
Retire PL and mentor relationships (DB)
To be completed by Webmaster
Your comments, feedback, and pushback are welcome.