Add initial governance processes
In order for the community to collaborate effectively and ensure that everyone gets a chance to participate, we should describe:
- how the team and community is expected to conduct itself in the project spaces
- how decisions are made about changes proposed in issues and MRs
- what the default decision making method is
- how an architecture group forms and works to evaluate a proposal
- how objections should be stated
The MR for this issue should provide a preliminary governance model, i.e., just enough structure that the project can begin operating in a predictable way. Once the project is in full swing it is highly likely that we'll want to reevaluate our governance model and update it.
Also, this preliminary governance model won't address the guidelines for becoming a project team committer, on-boarding a new committer, or off-boarding a committer. That process should be discussed in a new issue.
The preliminary governance model will need to be approved by the project team members once the MR has been finalized.